Sunday, September 25, 2011

Rag/Fabric Gator Wreath

My first attempt at being crafty didn't go nearly as well as planned but it was fun to work on it. I made a Gator colored wreath from a bunch of blue fabric I had and a big orange bow (note to self work on your bow making skills because they are not very good). My wonderful husband said it looked really good but I think he is blinded by love :)

So this was super easy. My hubby molded an old wire hanger into a circle and secured it with military duct tape ( it is a little small because I discovered we only owned 1 wire hanger and it wasn't a complete hanger). Then I cut my material into 1"x 8-10" strips and tied them around the hanger. Super easy. The part that took the longest was cutting the strips.

Things I will do next time: Use a fabric that is the same color on both sides, cut all the fabric at once, not try to cut the fabric with Alli laying on half of it, use a complete hanger

1 comment:

  1. I made one using my husband's ACU jacket. Hobby Lobby has wire wreaths you can use as well.

    ReplyDelete